Great news! Three new customers have placed orders on your website! How are you going to send the product? There are four delivery options to choose from : express, home delivery, relay and express relay. To make it easier, we’ve listed the pros and cons for each of these four delivery methods.
The fastest delivery service for urgent orders
Online shoppers are used to fast delivery. Amazon offers next-day or even same-day delivery options, therefore e-commerce sites might want do the same in order to stay competitive.
- Orders are delivered the same day or the next day ;
- High customer satisfaction ;
- Your business remains competitive.
- Orders must be prepared and shipped immediately ;
- Customers must pay higher charge for delivery.
High demand for home delivery
Home delivery is the most popular delivery service for online shopping. According to a study, 85 %* of online shoppers prefer home delivery.
- Delivery option most requested by clients
- Easy delivery for large or heavy objects
- Customers have to be home to receive the order.
Flexibility with relay delivery options
Relay points are a convenient option for customers who can choose where and when they collect their delivery. Reportedly 68% of online shoppers select this option.*
- Customers collect their parcel according to their own flexible schedule ;
- Short delivery times with express relay options.
- Delivery times are longer than for home delivery (except for express relay)
Express relay delivery, the perfect compromise
The express relay delivery service offers next day solutions at the best price. Indeed, a parcel sent by express relay will arrive at its destination within 24/48h.
- Convenient and flexible opening hours in relay points across the country.
- Easy shipping and parcel tracking with signature delivery.
- Relay points may be closed on Sundays, Mondays or bank holidays.
Which delivery options should I choose?
All things considered, the best decision is generally the easiest! Each customer has his or her own personal preferences, so you should be able to offer several delivery services. A common practice is to have three or four options available Over time, you will see what your clients prefer, and eventually remove one of the options.
*FEVAD / Mediametrie barometer, January 2020.